Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Welcome to Circle of Friends Review

Hi Folks,

Here's my idea, inspired partially by the Movie Guys. . . .

When I read a book, or watch a movie, TV show, or whatever, I often want to share my thoughts on it. I don't want to bore my friends and family, and sometimes, I just plain forget.

We're all friends here, or friends of friends here, so let's just tell each other about what we're hearing, seeing and doing. A few ground rules, to keep it useful -

1. If you're reviewing something, take the time to actually review it - not "This movie sucked" or "this album is awesome". You might be right, but you gotta back that up.

2. Don't review every book, movie or whatever that you've seen in your lifetime. Let's try to keep it fairly recent. It doesn't have to be new, just new to you.

3. Disagreeing is okay, personal attacks are not.

4. Title the review in the format - "Thing review: Title of Thing", as in "Book Review: To Kill A Mockingbird" or "Event Review: Ozzfest"

Okay, so that's it. To become one of contributors, send me an email at jami_conn2001@yahoo.com and put "REVIEWER" in the subject OR just send the review there, and I'll post it with your chosen non de plume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home