Friday, September 01, 2006

TV Review: 'Justice'

This slickly produced courtroom drama is brought to us by famed producer Jerry Bruckheimer. It features Victor Garber (of 'Alias' and 'Titanic') and Kerr Smith (formerly of 'Dawson's Creek') as attorneys who represent the rich and famous (think OJ's Dream Team). The pilot episode revolves around a man who is accused of killing his wife. The law firm of TNT&G (which includes Garber and Kerr's characters as well as two other attorneys) take the case to defend the husband. The show takes you into every area: discovery, reenactment, press manipulation, jury selection.

At first, I was put off by the slickness of it. It all seemed a little staged. But as the show progressed, I found myself believing the story more and getting into the characters. I do have a problem with the similarities to 'House'. The lead attorney is brilliant, but a jerk. He has three younger attorneys working for him. But ultimately, I found it worthwhile enough to watch a second episode next week.

Rating: 3.5 out of a possible 5.

There is a neat trick the show uses. At the end of the episode, you see how the actual crime (or non-crime) occured. I'm not telling you anything about this episode. But don't miss the last five minutes.

2 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger The Mayor Of Awesometown said...

I saw the first couple episodes and I would agree with you. Pretty slick, 3.5 is about what I would rate it too. I don't really know if it can develop a lot from here now though, we will see I guess.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Jami said...

I watched the episode of this last night while cleaning - it wasn't the kind of show where I had to sit down and pay attention only to the TV. Decent story, decent acting, I'll probably watch it again if I happen to catch it, but I'm not planning to tell Steve-o the TiVo to pick it up. I'd agree with 3.5 out of 5.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home