Friday, November 23, 2007

Book Review: The Stupidest Angel: a Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror

I recently reviewed You Suck: A Love Story, by author Christopher Moore. Enjoying it as I did (see review here), I picked up The Stupidest Angel on my next trip to the library.

I'd have to say, of all the fictional Christmas-themed books I've read, this is my new all-time favorite. The book starts off slowly, almost seeming like it's going to be a chic-lit romance, but picks up quickly once the killing starts. It's not at all scary, unless you are afraid of fruit bats who wear sunglasses.

The story also includes a schizophrenic off her meds, a high sheriff, the titular supernatural character and some dead people. I can't tell you any more without giving away one of the many fun twists and turns in this story.

If you want Christmassy, but not schmaltzy go to the library and check out this fantastic book. I loved it enough that I insisted the Husband read it before I take it back.

5 stars out of 5 for a fun tale of murder and its consequences for the holidays.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home